Saturday 13 February 2010

GirlGuiding Pencarrow








As you may know I am a GirlGuiding Leader - with the youngest group, 5 and 6 year olds, called Pippins. I love it!


Through my involvement as a volunteer I have had opportunities to do many other roles within Guiding and have even scored my dream job - working for GirlGuiding NZ in their Lower North office in Wellington. This is just a temporary job while the administrator is on maternity leave but I am making the most of it.


One of my volunteer roles has been as part of the Management Team - helping to oversee the running of the entire Region - from Lower Hutt to Pahiatua. It has been great to see the bigger picture of Guiding and help with running events on a wider scale.


Late last year I volunteered (with the help of The Geek and some other leaders) to set up a Website to advertise and resource GirlGuiding in Pencarrow Region. This is WAY beyond my regular skill set but I have enjoyed the challenge and I am really pleased with how it is coming together. Please go and check it out and let me know what you think.


http://www.girlguidespencarrow.org.nz/

1 comment:

Scrappydo said...

Looks pretty slick according to The Hubby.... he was impressesed. I like it too - although clearly you can tell my brain is fried.... I immediately thought of that dulux colour ad: "girl guides...pencarrow...girl guides....pencarrow....." Oh ok, I'll go away now with that fried brain!!