Monday 12 February 2007

There have been some complaints about the lack of blogging lately - sorry the kids have been taking up ALL of my space lately - hopefully I can send them back to school and kindy really soon as they will no longer be contageous.

Anyway I have finally had a chance to create - this is a welcome card for my new neice born over the weekend. She was born at just 24 weeks and only weighs 600g so please pray for her and her family.





It also completes this weeks DCM dare to use the Media in some way in your card. The purple layer immediately behind the teddy is newspaper covered in paint and smushed around.

8 comments:

Gillian said...

Will pray for you precious niece Donna.. what a special little cherub.. hope your house is soon Chickenpox free too...
Brilliant interpretation of the dare.. very clever use of the Newsprint, makes a fantastic BG. :o)

Kathy said...

I'll be thinking of your little neice and your family too, it's a worrying time for you all.

Chickenpox seems to be all over the place at the moment, I've heard of loads of kiddies over here suffering with it too - wonder if it can be spread by blogging!

I like the way you've used the newspaper - did you use the newspaper from the day she was born?

Lythan said...

What a great idea for the dare. I do hope things will be alright with your niece. My nephew was born 3 months early and it was a bit hairy to start with but he is now a strapping, healthy 6 year old!
And I hope your house is spots free soon.

Rhi said...

Your niece will be in my thoughts Donna, what a difficult time for you all. Another great card and what a fantastic idea for making a background.

Keryn Campbell said...

I love the little bear. What a good idea to use newspaper. I'll keep your little niece in my thoughts.

The good news on Chicken Pox is that none have appeared in my house as yet. I hope C gets back to school soon.

Kelly said...

Yes - very cool card. Glad to see you made it to your creative table - and B let you have the computer for 5 secs!

BondGirl said...

I love the newspaper background (and the word smooshed) and that teddy is sweet. Thanks for joing in our dares

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Very nice! Love the effects on this card. And I will also keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.